Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Mentor in IT

This is something special; The one I am writing about is someone very important in my life.
The one who mentored me first in my IT career.


His name is Raviraj Chelluri. I am not in touch with him now so not sure where he is working now. FB status show he is in Accenture . He worked in Ram infotech previously.


Those early days in 2004 june/july when I joined Valuelabs; I was new to corporates and new to IT. After our 2 weeks of fastpace training I was handed over to ASTRO team.
There he was my mentor, tall, 6 feet. He was very good in problem solving and analysis.
Experience might have taught him all that.
He acted like a true mentor to me, taught me visual basic, ASP scripting and most importantly Microsoft SQL Server.
So here is this man the reason behind my SQL Server expertise.
Though he gets angry easily he was very patient, he used to sit with me till late nights and used to fix the bugs.
It was like if there was a bug or an issue then it comes to Raviraj finally to solve it.
Later he moved to onsite and our closeness was gone. 
I still don't know how I could give him back whatever I learnt from him.
My entire career was built on this sql server and I will remember him until my last query :)
Who knows, if I invent something new in the future and I might dedicate that to him.
Its bad on my part that I didn't care to contact him and just ignored him. How awful on my part???? I know its worse.
we really need mentors like him assisting new joiners and freshers. You need loads of patience to deal with new members like me and he has all those good qualities.
He protected me in every meeting when we were discussing about bugs and issues. 
I used to lose patience whenever a tester reports a bug and shouts at them, raviraj comes to our rescue, talks to both of us and fixes the issue.
Its rare you find people like him helping people and fixing bugs and issues in IT.
I am sure not even 10% of the current IT lot in India has skills like him.
I wanted to meet him and show my gratitude.


Thank you for all those nights and days you sat beside me and helping me with the testers.
Thank you for all those weekends in the office.


Thank you Raviraj for shaping my Career and being a mentor. I can never forget you in my life.

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear about Raviraj :-)
    Even my AM name is Raviraj Chelluri and he is in Accenture and he is an SQL Server DBA :)
    Gud to hear this
    Let me share this post to him :D

    I am Anusha Challa working in his team :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I contacted Raviraj and asked about you :-) He is the one you are looking for :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Anusha, thank you, I am glad that my message has reached him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much :)

    I feel glad that is your perception of me and I also look forward to talk to you. Here is my mobile number +91 9686594900
    +91 9686594900

    ReplyDelete