Saturday, October 22, 2011

I owe a lot to you

Another post dedicating to someone who made a change in my life.
Majjiga Kishore Reddy
I fondly call him Kishore garu. He is much elder to me; when I joined my first job, he was 10 years older to me.
I never thought of these quesions.
what it takes to exercise? how does it feel to be fit? do you need to exercise? are you interested in physical activities? 
I was always new to the world of physical fitness.
Every alternate day I used to fall sick and my dad almost killed my immunity with all his antibiotics.
Till I joined my first job and met my fitness guru Kishore garu, i never heard of exercise and physical fitness.
I took 2 months of leave during my Engg days when I was affected by rheumatoid arthritis; Doctors couldn't identify what that was and somehow one of them identified it as arthritis.
Can a person in his teen age (I was 18-19 years then) get affected by arthritis? I wasn't sure, nor the doctors.
I was affected by infection, fever every other week, cold, cough etc etc during my schooling.
There was a surprise package though; I won 100% attendance award when I was in my Intermediate (10+1), the reason was that I used to cycle 5-6 kms daily to and from the college which would've made me fit.
I was 21 then and I got my first job in Value labs; It was the year 2004 and I think I met this man, Kishore garu in the year 2005 who introduced me to the word "swimming".
I don't remember how it all started but somehow he invited me and other colleagues in our project to the pool. 
We all went, since no one knows how to swim we had some good time having fun and returned.
I liked it and joined the pool (dolphin swimming pool, banjara hills, hyderabad) for learning. Even Murali ( there are a whole lot of stories on this person to write, I will deal with him seperately in another blog) joined the pool.
Murali learnt fast and he swam 5-10 mts within first 4 days while I was still learning how to move legs and how to breathe inside the water. I became jealous and I wanted to learn faster, that gave me much boost, meanwhile Murali left as he lost interest while I continued learning.
I learnt the free style by the coach; then I started going regularly, I think initially it was 50\- INR per hour( later they increased it to 70\- INR per hour). I continued going and learnt the back style all by myself. It was very tough as I had to learn all by myself, some days it was raining; Since I being stubborn didn't leave the place and continued to learn and learnt the back style too. It was a victory I still cherish. Then for months I continued there swimming the complete pool length and gaining my immunity slowly. Some days kishore garu used to come along with his daughter and wife. His daughter would float with her small rubber tyre.


Later Kishore garu and I went to MCH (municial corporation of hyd) pool at secunderabad for a month. the pool being a government one wasn't so clean compared to the dolphin pool but there were lot of trainers there who taught all the basics to the students and elders.
I learnt the perfect free style technique there and I never looked back from then.
Kishore garu used to accompany with me daily around 5.30 to 6 AM to this pool; it was 10 kms from each of our homes.


Later I joined the mighty Gachibowly Swimming pool, kishore garu came once/twice but couldn't continue as its too long from his place (vijay nagar colony).
I almost went for a year to the Gachibowly stadium (having rest in between whenever I met with accidents on the gachibowly to lingampally road).
Suresh sir, the coach at the pool taught me butterfly stroke and breast stroke, there by making me a full fledged swimmer. 
After so many years I still remember kishore garu without whom I would never have exercised and would never have built my immunity and strength.
I became a fitness freak since then and with coming to Australia I almost became a nutritionist and a body builder and even started writing blogs on nutrition and fitness.


Some people make big impact in your life; some teach you what is life while some come along with you and experience your life (spouse).
There are very few who changes your life for ever and here is this man who did this to me.


Kishore Garu, you changed my life 7 years ago and I am still enjoying the change.
I owe to you a lot and a lot more.







1 comment: