Saturday, May 7, 2011

herbal spa

Not one of those interesting topics to write a blog on but thought I would capture my experience so it would be fun when I read this again and again after some time.


Went to Day Spa in my Gym(melbourne city baths), 59 bucks per hour.


the lady, mariame showed me a bath tub with warm water in which some herbs, lavender, rosemary, sea salt were soaked and I was asked to soak myself in the tub for 30 mins.


I was thinking how to pass 30 mins all alone in a bath tub. after much difficulty i was able to finish my 30 mins, looking here and there, filling the tub in intervals.
But when I started to get up I felt so dizzy and I was unable to move my hands, legs etc.
Its all seemed so empty, I got out and told her how I felt, she said yes this was not a normal hot water bath but herbal bath; it will cleanse the system, purifies and releases all the toxins from the body.
I was given water, drank two glasses slowly and I could feel I was coming to normal slowly.
At the same time, another middle aged woman came for the spa and my masseurs was explaining the history about the baths and the place, it did have an effect on me as she was telling the century old building and the bath techniques they used in those times.
I went to the toilet and was almost normal but yes with a little bit tiredness.
Then I was asked to sit in a different chair with back facing outside, she says she designed it specifically for massage, she did the massage on my back, shoulders and I felt good.
and then on another chair, she massaged lightly my arms with rosemary cream.
I almost came to normal due to all this and could feel the affect of the herbs.
then paid her, thanked her for the service and walked my way back to Unilodge.
Yes its worth the money I paid, but the dizzy effect could be due to my heavy drinking y'day night. I know that, and yes I have to make sure that I reduce the no. of pegs I take on weekends.
After coming home, the food was ready(y'days chicken and rice), warmed it a bit, ate it and slept nicely for 3 hours.
It was awesome, a bit of experiment and experience and I would remember this for some time.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Chaitu, I think 58 bucks was not cheap compare to Bangalore. Kar*** and Ra**De* went to a SPA here in Bangalore. They did A to Z and top to bottom complete (I hope you can imagine) massage including haircut, nail polish for just 500 rupees. But of course, these were done by a male person. But they said it was worth of more than 500 rupees............

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes right Dantam, heard from Karuna.
    But now my bod is so accustomed to massage, it alarms if I don't visit a massage parlour every weekend.
    Yes, it would become a habit to the body as massage has highly beneficial affects on the skin, muscles, body and the way you live your life.
    Go for it and enjoy the benefits.

    ReplyDelete