Thursday, May 19, 2011

Greatest myth of my life revealed

Yes its true and its official now.
Alcohol has the highest calorie content next to Fat.
Oh my god, this is the greatest mistake I've been doing all in my life for the past 7 years.
Can I believe this as true?
Yes ofcourse, I just realized how great pig I am.
I read now in lot of articles now that have 7 calories per gram which is way too high.
approx each peg/shot amounts to 55 cals.


I've been dwelling on why I couldn't reduce my stomach size despite following staunch fitness routine and a good diet high in fibre and proteins.
I used to do rigorous swimming, like 1 to 1.5 Km 5 years ago, after that I used to jog for 2 Kms, used to go to Gym and burn 300 cals. Then started cycling for 10-12 Kms atleast 3-4 days each week.
Despite doing all these high octane exercise I couldn't reduce my Belly fat, the only reason I just discovered is because of Alcohol consumption.


I even had a discussion a couple of hours ago with my Gym instructor; I just vent out my frustration about my abdomen fat, she gave lot of tips and advised me to consult dietician on the ground floor.


I should remember this day for sometime to come, I found the true fact that Alcohol is a high calorie food.


To all those who drink alcohol, please bear in mind that it increases weight as it has calories, beer/wine have carbs as well.
So the best thing is if you drink, drink less and don't eat snacks while drinking.


Jaago grahak Jaago

2 comments:

  1. . So for Break Fast = 1 peg, Lunch = 3 pegs , Dinner 3 to 4 pegs are enough without snacks.... Kidding... nice content...Thanks for the post Chaitu ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dantam,
    You don't have this problem right so no need to worry, this is for those who drink alcohol for fun. We all should mind that along fun comes with side effects which have long term affects.
    I always think that I am not taking any calories when ever I drink scotch/alcohol but found today that it is false.
    They have zero carbohydrates but plenty of calories, they also make your mind numb so you would loose the feeling called "hunger", "stomach full" etc and that's why we eat like pigs when we drink

    ReplyDelete