Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sunday Afternoons

Afternoons reflect the sober part of life. 
They are usually calm, sunny with little hot and mild weather.
Everywhere people retire from their work, have lunch and then take a break or a little nap.
Afternoons are so lovely and they are even wonderful if its a Sunday.
I've seen many Sunday Afternoons for so many years, more than a decade and every time I have this soothing feeling.
When I was in Hyderabad, my sunday afternoons were dedicated to Abids old book market where all those old and ancient books were sold cheaply on the platforms. The books range from literature, economics, technology, engg etc but I always go for my fav subject, i.e. english literature.
I bought so many books there; I spent hundreds of my afternoons finding books there.
Every Sunday Afternoon stands apart from the rest. There is peace everywhere.
children and Old people sleep after lunch, others pass the time having little chats. Even teenagers take a break on Sunday Afternoons. 
Typically each afternoon begins at around 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM and ends by 4:30 PM.
When the clock touches 5 PM on a Sunday, the most pleasant part of the week would be gone and everyone will be preparing themselves for the inevitable Monday morning.
One more beautiful sunday afternoon infront of me. Its sunny outside and I am watching one of the best classics, "chashme buddoor". (farooq Sheikh and Deepti naval ). The movie is from 80s and is one of the romantic comedies released during that period.
It really is pleasure and pure bliss to watch a classic on a sunny sunday afternoon.
I wish we get two sunday afternoons every week and also wish that the afternoons extend atleast by 4 more hours each sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment