Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bike trail - Lilydale to Warburton(Victoria, Australia)

I doubted if we could make this trip after two of the group dropped out unconditionally.
And the weather played its part too with continuous drizzles since early morning.
Nevertheless I wanted to do this as I wanted to prove a point.
And now here I am writing a post summary of the tour.
This was an amazing trip to the hills and the woods. A deep dive into the nature/forest and Victoria's grasslands.
We started a bit late, (scheduled start is 7:36 AM train but couldn't catch) caught our 8:36 AM train from Finders. 
Reached Lilydale station at approx 9:45 AM. 
The bike trail starts from Le Pine Funeral service, its just 2-3kms away from the station; we stopped at Subway (one of the mates was hungry), asked the whereabouts of the starting place and then we cycled.
On the way while cycling we stopped at a coffee shop and had coffee. Then 1 or 2 stops to catch breath(not me ofcourse), had some peanuts, (a shot of whisky as well to keep us warm). It was so freezing that I was shivering in between and my fingers just went numb.
I didn't have a problem at all with the slope and the hill but only with my fingers, they were so cold and started paining. My gloves are half covered(i use them for lifting weights in the gym) and I was wearing the bike short(with bum pad support).
With continuous drizzle all the way we were all shivering though my mates were in a better situation with Jeans and Jackets.
There's a down hill as well in between so its easy to ride, not much difficulty at all except for some places where its a little bit steep. 
We stopped in between for pics, the place is so beautiful with Yaks, Sheeps, grazing horses and green lands.
We went almost 16-17 kms from Lilydale station and then returned as we had to catch our 3 PM Ringwood station train.
On return we reached Lilydale station by 2:40 PM, boarded the 2:55 PM train to Ringwood and from there we caught the 3:16 PM flinders train.
Got off by 4 PM, handed over the rented bikes to the bikeshop, came back and here I am writing about our experience.
It was definitely a visit to this place with a bicycle. A must for every person who loves cycling and nature.
Thumbs up to all who made this trip a memorable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment