Thursday, June 9, 2011

A perfect diet "in my own way"

yeah I know there is nothing called perfect but this is in my sense and perception till now.


yeah plenty of fiber everyday like the below:
have lentils (red, black,green, yellow), kidney beans (rajma), grean peas, channa
But all the above produce excessive gas in the intestine, especially channa and rajma.
I have had this flatulence problems with the above, but that is the side effect of eating fiber from these food items.
A good solution is to eat raw/cooked vegetables like carrots, broccoli, legumes(leaves), cucumber etc; these will keep you clean without gas and also provide you with sufficient fiber, minerals and vitamins.
Though peanuts, cashew, almonds are rich source of protein and fiber they have more fat %. so should be away from them.
if you see any peanut/cashew/almond/pista, the protein content would be 21 gm/100 gm but the fat would be 45 gm /100 gm; i think almond has more, 52 gm /100 gm and these have both saturated and unsaturated fats.
soya has a very high protein but produces excessive gas.
Then where do we get good protein?
from chicken, eggs, soya, beans
Have plenty of Dates each day, they are rich source of iron, zinc as well as fiber.
Oats should be either part of breakfast or supper they are the best low GI and slow energy releasers with plenty of fiber.
Have low fat mil (skim mil has zero fat but will be tasteless so difficult to have). milk gives you your daily intake of calcium
replace sugar with honey or brown sugar.
Replace white rice with brown rice; i've tried this as well but brown rice is same as the lentils, excessive gas. when I tried them they also caused pain in my abdomen so next time i'll take care if I want to have brown rice.
Then when I take bread, try to reduce the nutella content as it also has more fat than protein, try with some jam with has zero fat (marmalade, blueberry etc)
Eat plenty of grapes everyday, i just love grapes, they are such a lovely food.
Of all i observed some Food items which I love the most or would be difficult to live without
Rice
Grapes
Onions
Lemon
honey


Avoid fries at any cost and anything oily food or food with ghee/butter in the outside restaurants, if you go out with friends then its obvious you have to take something or the other, in that case you can order an item which is shared by all so you don't have the responsibility to finish it all alone.
So many tips and tricks, some of them I got it from the book on diet I am currently reading.
I also have daily lemon/honey/hot water mix early morning as soon as I get up, this habit I learnt from my mother. 
This unique combination removes cholesterol from blood and keeps our heart healthy, it also acts as a catalyst for bowel movement (serves the purpose of bed coffee/tea)
Always cook your food with Olive oil.


Hey some more info today about sea food.
I cooked and ate prawns all by myself on thu/fri and enjoyed it to the full, they cost more, some 9 AUD for 300 Grams. they are so delicious, not so tasty as our lake prawns/shrimps in your place (andhra).
today I bought Salmon fish, they are unbeatable in taste.
Did some research and foudn they are full of omega 3 fatty acids which help in preventing alzhiemer's disease, fights depression, helps in maintaining good vision, prevents heart attacks and what not.
Also after some research found that Tuna is a great source of protein with almost zero fat and is best recommended for body builders (like me).
So i'll start eating Tuna cans from tomorrow.
can you believe it, if I compare my waist size to the same date as of last year, I lost more than 3 cms.
It used to be 34 and now somewhere 31 and a bit less I guess. 
All my jeans/trousers are of 32 cm and they all seem to be loose now.
All this change started 6 months back when I joined melbourne city baths Gym/pool.
my weight now is less than 70, its actually 69. There is no visible fat in my body except abdomen which will in due course will be removed.
My target is to have 30 cm waistline; so I should be throwing away all my jeans/trousers which I am currently using after 2-3 months and start buying new ones of 30 cm size.
Hope this happens soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment