Monday, November 6, 2017

India trip 2017 november

Not much changed atleast near Palavakkam, ECR road, chennai.
Due to rains, roads are severely affected, pot holes, stagnated water, stray dogs everywhere.
However coffee still costs only 10/-, its amazing how after many years its still the same.
I had a haircut near Gundur, Tiruchinapalli which costed 50/- and a shave for another 40/-, it was incredible, I was so happy that I tipped him 10/- but I regret now, I should've tipped 50/- atleast as it was one of the best I had.
I bought vegetables near Tenali, the prices were ok, 7/- for 250 gm of tomatoes, 45/- for 1 kg onions which looked expensive as I remember we used to buy onions for 2/- 10-15 years before.
Guava became so expensive, 3 for 20/-, not sure what happened, pomegrante were cheap, 6 for 50/-
Corn - 10/- each which was delicious.
Beeda/pan were between 12-15/-
Overall i felt that there is still some value for 10/- in small towns

No comments:

Post a Comment