Sunday, August 5, 2012

plagiarism at its best - chandramukhi's original(manichitrathazhu) is a copy of Kudrat (chetan anand's classic)

Its sad that many of our indian movies are remakes of some other movies in different languages.
What saddens me most is when our own indian movies plagiarize our own movies of a different language.
This was what happened with the great Malayalam movie, Manichitrathazhu (shobhana, mohan lal, suresh gopi; written by Madhu Muttam and directed by Fazil and released in 1994


This movie was later remade into "chandramukhi" starring rajani kanth, prabhu and jyothika which was a huge success.


The fact is that the original version of Manichitrathazhu is a copy of the Hindi classic called "Kudrat" written and directed by the master director, Chetan Anand; rajesh khanna, hema malini and vinod khanna are the actors in this movie. this was released in 1981.


I just watched Kudrat and the performances by rajesh khanna and others are too good and by the time the interval is over I came to know that this is similar to Chandramukhi.
In fact hema malini's character name in the movie is Chandramukhi.

I am not sure if the original writer, Madhu Muttam gave credit to our great Chetan Anand or he just copied the story and made crores. 
Anyhow I wanted to highlight this to the people to know that Chandramukhi's original is not a master piece but infact a copy of Chetan Anand's classic.

1 comment:

  1. I knw you will nt approve my cmnt. But i dnt care. I just want you to read it :p

    ReplyDelete